The ESA Schooling Office environment is delighted to announce that the 4th Symposium on Space Academic pursuits will be hosted by the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech (UPC) in Spring 2021!
Pursuing the contact for proposals, introduced earlier this yr, various Universities from throughout ESA’s member states applied to host the 4thversion of this inspirational symposium. Right after thorough evaluation, UPC was finally chosen and was duly invited to be the upcoming host.
UPC’s proposal focused on the 3 wide ambitions of ‘a symposium for and by students’ ‘promotion of Europe’s area instruction to the world’ and ‘Equity, Gender balance, Range and Sustainability Goals’. UPCs web hosting of the symposium expects to capitalize on the city and region’s burgeoning and numerous area sector as very well as the solid background of the city’s various exploration and educational institutes.
UPC’s rector said: “At UPC, we are delighted with the opportunity of arranging the 4th SSEA through the fiftieth anniversary of our College, and I personally would like to welcome all the educators, learners and professionals eager to go to the symposium and go to Barcelona.”
As in former editions the symposium will supply a discussion board for discussion on the recent point out and foreseeable future of Space Academic Functions in Europe and the wider earth, with a certain concentrate on College amount further-curricular pursuits, as very well as providing learners the probability to share their results and encounters from this kind of pursuits.
It is envisaged that the Symposium will catch the attention of College educators and learners as very well as these functioning on assignments that ‘bridge the gap’ involving high college and College pursuits, alongside with local and European enterprises interested in area instructional endeavours and their outputs.
Especially the symposium aims:
- To allow educators (both equally curricular and further-curricular) to showcase and share their encounters supplying/supporting area instructional pursuits at the tertiary instruction (i.e. College) amount
- To allow tertiary instruction (e.g. College) college student and young qualified individuals in area instructional pursuits to share their instructional, scientific and complex results and encounters.
- To supply a discussion board for discussion on the recent and foreseeable future point out of tertiary-amount area instructional pursuits in Europe.
- To allow educators (together with College learners and high college instructors) to showcase and share their encounters in supplying area instructional pursuits for the secondary (e.g. high college) instruction amount which ‘bridge’ the hole involving secondary and tertiary instruction.
- To supply networking alternatives for both equally area instruction professionals and for individuals in area instruction assignments/pursuits.
- To elevate the knowledge of educational, industrial and government establishments/organisations of the relevance of palms-on pursuits and specialised instruction and finding out alternatives in the preparing of the upcoming era of area scientists and engineers.
The provisional dates for the symposium are 21-23 April 2021, with 23 April becoming St George’s (Pageant of Saint Jordi) day, a standard day of celebration in Catalonia, permitting symposium attendees who remain the weekend to enrich their cultural practical experience!
Much more facts, together with dates for the Get in touch with for Abstracts, will be offered quickly.
Thank you for liking
You have now preferred this web page, you can only like it the moment!