Convertio is a file conversion tool that allows you to convert your files and documents to any format. Convertio supports numerous conversions between more than 300 different file formats. Convertio also offers optical character recognition (OCR) service that lets you easily convert images and scanned PDFs into editable text.
Convertio is simple and easy to use. It is also web based and does not require any software download or installation. Convertio works across different browsers and devices. You can use the free version without the need for registration. However, registered users can have access to stored converted files.
Also, the free file conversion plan comes with limited features. For instance, free users are allowed a maximum file size of up to 100 MB each and up to 10 files conversion per 24 hours. To remove these limitations you need to purchase premium subscription (see premium plans at the bottom of this page).
How does file conversion works?
The way Convertio works is simple and easy: just drop your file onto the page or click to upload a file from your device, Google Drive or Dropbox. Next, choose an output format and click on Convert. The conversion usually takes less than 2 minutes and takes place in the cloud.
Convertio file conversion formats
Convertio offers access to the following file conversion tools:
- Audio Converter: Convertio’s online audio converter allows you to easily convert audio files of any format online including MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA, and many others.
- Video Converter: Enables you to convert videos to different formats including MOV, XVID, MP4, MOD, M4V, and more.
- Image Converter: Allows you to convert images of files of any format online including popular formats such as JPEG, PNG, TIF, BMP, etc.
- Document Converter: Lets you convert documents of any format online including popular formats such as PDF, RTF, TXT, KWD, ODT, HTML, XLS, XPS, DOTX, DOCX, and many more.
- Archive Converter: Allows you to convert files of any formats online including popular types such as ZIP, TAR, RAR, LHA, ARC, TGZ, RPM, and many more.
- Presentation Converter: Enables you to convert various types of presentations including popular formats like PPT, PPTX, PPTM, PPS, POTM, POT, ODP, and many more.
- Font Converter: Lets you convert several modern font formats online such as TTF, OTF, WOFF, PFA, BIN, CID, SFD, T11,UFO, and more.
- eBook Converter: Allows you to convert ebook files of any format online including MOBI, TCR, RB, SNB, FB2, EPUB, AZW3, RB, and more.
Convertio includes an OCR (optical character recognition) service that lets you convert scanned documents and images into editable Word, PDF, Excel, and TxT output formats. The tool supports numerous languages including Chinese OCR, German OCR, Dutch OCR, French OCR, Italian OCR, and Japanese OCR.
You can also save converted files to Dropbox or your Google Drive. Convertio OCR supports several file formats including PDF, JPG, BMP, GIF, JP2, JPEG, PBM, PCX, PGM, PNG, PPM, TGA, TIFF, and WBMP. The free OCR service supports only 10 pages, for more pages you need to purchase prepaid packages (8 cents per page).
How much does Convertio cost?
Convertio’s premium plan includes 3 different subscriptions: Light costs $9.99, Basic costs $14.99, and Unlimited costs $25.99. Depending on which of these plans you choose you will have access to different features. To have unlimited access to all Convertio’s features you need to go with the Unlimited subscription which offers unlimited file size, unlimited concurrent conversion, and highest priority.