The ESA Education Business office is energized to announce the 2nd “lessons learned” workshop on ESEO, its spacecraft mission produced in collaboration with college student groups from across Europe.
University college students are invited to use to acquire part in the workshop, exactly where they will meet up with and learn from engineers and scientists from ESA, SITAEL, and college teams specifically included in the ESEO venture.
The European Pupil Earth Orbiter (ESEO) is an ESA educational satellite challenge for university learners across Europe. Launched in December of 2018, the 50 kg satellite is made up of payloads and subsystems developed by ten student groups from throughout Europe, hosted on the SITAEL S-50 platform. ESEO carried out its mission and is now no lengthier in operation. Nevertheless, prospects for understanding ordeals rooted in the venture continue to broadly exist, each by the analysis of classes realized all through the project, and by making use of its avionics take a look at bench that is even now obtainable on the ground.
The workshop will be jointly structured by ESA and SITAEL and is scheduled to get area almost from 19-21 October 2021. College students will master from engineers and scientists who had a hand in making and working ESEO. They will very first be created acquainted with the anatomy of the satellite and its subsystems, to subsequently dive deeper into the following subject areas:
- ESEO mission chronicle
- Lessons learned from the improvement and operations of ESEO
- ESEO’s anomalies and final results: scenario experiments
- Ground segment: style and design and efficiency
- Examination of college student developed payloads
- Digital operations circumstance making use of the ESEO Avionics Exam Bench
- Digital tour of the ESEO ground station
The ESEO Inflight Expertise Workshop will present students the option to satisfy with experts in the space sector and to grow to be familiar with the information of a complicated instructional house job.
Who can apply?
Learners enrolled in college who fulfil the following requirements:
- aged minimum amount 18 yrs aged. ESA Academy and relevant companions will only appraise programs from college students who have no or constrained expert practical experience in related scientific, engineering or other place-linked subjects
- be a citizen of an ESA Member Point out, Canada, Latvia, Lithuania or Slovenia
- be enrolled as Master (Bachelor research concluded), or PhD student in a university for the educational yr 2021-2022 (not graduating prior to the education class)
- be learning an aerospace / mechanical / electrical / or telecommunications engineering subject matter, or another equal subject with shown knowledge in a person of the earlier mentioned stated fields
Picked pupils will be requested to attend all sessions dwell.
How to utilize
- Fill in the application form
- Add a determination letter (PDF, utmost 1 page, no photographs)
- Upload a CV (PDF, preferably Europass format, no visuals, most 2 pages).
All answers and files really should be in English.
The deadline for applications is the 19th of September 2021, 23:59 CEST.
For additional info, please contact [email protected].